Helps prevents downtime and inefficient performance,
and keeps your Boiler System in peak operating condition.
Annual Preventative Maintenance Program
Once yearly we will:
- Open boiler doors.
- Visually inspect door seals and gaskets; repair and/or replace if so
- Visually inspect tubesheets for heat distortion or cracks and report.
- Visually inspect boiler fire tubes for signs of cracks, leaks, or heat
distortion and report.
- Visually inspect main fire tube or Morrison tube for damage and report.
- Visually inspect refractory on doors, burner throat and liner tiles,
repair cracks, wash coat and report.
- Inspect all linkages, cams, shafts, adjust and lubricate and report.
- Remove all handhole and manhole covers, drain and flush boiler, replace
all gaskets, refill and hydrostatically test vessel at operating pressure.
- Arrange for inspection by the boiler inspector at this interval if so
- Remove head of float type low water cut off, inspect bulb for signs of
leak, inspect linkage for freedom of movement replace gaskets and assure
operation of control.
- Inspect relief valves for proper rating, both for pressure and input of
- Check all safety components for proper operation, which includes:
- Flame safeguard relay - 4 sec. Flame response max
- Combustion air proving switch
- Low and Hi Gas Pressure Switches
- Operating Controls:
- Manual reset Hi-Pressure/Temperature Control
- Operating control pressure/temperature
- Rate of fire control
- Manual rate of fire control
- Inspect operation of blower motor and pump motors, check for noise in
bearings, amperage draw, and report
- Check and inspect solenoid and motorized gas valves for leakage, perform
lock up test and report.
- Set combustion for optimum fuel utilisation and minimum stack emission
using flue gas analyser and report.
Semi-annual Preventative Maintenance Program
Every six months we will::
- Check the boiler for safe and efficient operation.
- Combustion Analysis and adjustments to fire with both gases.
To book an appointment or discuss your service
please call our service department 604-253-1151 and ask
about our "Specials"
e-mail: Dave Mills
[ Home] [ Boiler Related Services] [ Maintenance]
Boiler & Tank
East Pender Street
BC V6A 1W8
604-253-1151 Fax: 604-253-1550